Laptopsdirect just wants your money not repeat business

Hutchisonmc295's review of Laptops Direct www.laptopsdirect.co.uk

“Laptopsdirect just wants your money not repeat business”

Written on: 03/09/2014 by Hutchisonmc295 (1 review written)

I bought a Lenovo laptop from laptopsdirect.co.uk in January 2014. It stopped working in April. Initially laptopsdirect tried to deny responsibility and to send me to the manufacturer, but I asserted that my contract was with the retailer. It then agreed to accept return of the laptop and sent me a message asking me to return the item "via recorded courier, we can't be held responsible for goods lost or damaged in transit before they reach us". I packaged the item well and returned it in May at a cost of £28 via a recorded and insured delivery service. In July laptopsdirect told me that the manufacturer was waiting for a part. In August it refunded me the price of the item but not delivery or the cost of returning the laptop and offered no explanation of why the laptop couldn't be repaired or replaced. I emailed asking for a refund of the £28 that it had forced me to incur returning the faulty laptop. I've given laptopsdirect ample opportunities to settle this but they've been met with irrational excuses or just silence. Citizens Advice has reported it to Trading Standards. I would never recommend this company to anyone I liked.

• Goods purchased & cost