Worst Experience Ever!

MariaElena's review of Laptops Direct www.laptopsdirect.co.uk

“Worst Experience Ever!”

Written on: 29/06/2013 by MariaElena (1 review written)

I bought a laptop from laptopsdirect. Bad desicion. They sent it with parcelforce, an overpriced service, but the package was sent to Germany instead of my country, Malta. I sen them an email. They didn't answer. I sent parcelforce an email and they told me that the parcel was sent back to sender. I called them (very expensive) and they told me there was a problem with maltese customs because the laptop was sealed and they didn't accept it. I told them the item shouldn't have been sealed cause I had paid for the service where they check the system before sending. Also, with Malta being in the EU and all, there shouldn't have been any problem. They told me they will send it back to me. But now I got not 1 but two different tracking numbers. One of the packages was delivered to the Netherlands and the other stayed in the UK. I emailed them, no answer. I emailed parcelforce and they told me that the sender has to lodge a complaint for an investigation to start. I emailed laptopsdirect again, and again no answer. I had to call again. They gave me the same excuse of the customs. After telling them that the excuse can't be true they told me they would launch an investigation. After a week I called again and asked for a refund cos it had been more than a month now and I was fed up of waiting. They told me they will report my complaint. A few days later I got an email that said I was going to get a refund. But when the refund arrived it was only of about half the money I'd given them. I finally applied for a chargeback from my bank and got it. My point is: don't buy a laptop from this site. The shipping costs are so expensive that it becomes more expensive than other sites. It is not reliable and the customer care section might as well be scrapped (and I guess they would scrap it if they didn't make money from it). Worst experience shopping online ever!

• approx EUR 900