Cheap costs while on holiday

Guest's review of GoSIM - www.gosim.com

“Cheap costs while on holiday”

Written on: 29/04/2012

I am going on holiday to the far east and was looking for a cheap alternative to using my home SIM card which will charge £1.50 per minute. Having done some research I went with the Go-SIM as it seemed to be one of the most popular ones out there and seems relatively cheap charging USD0.59 per minute with the biggest bonus in my opinion is that there are no charges to receive a call or text (something which you are charged for on my home network when roaming). It seems to use USD as the base credit currency.

To make calls, it does seem a little strange at first - you call whoever you want but the phone immediately hangs up before 'calling' you back. You answer to hear that your call will be connecting shortly and then the call is as normal from then on. I've tried this at home and the time it takes to call you back (they say it takes 10 - 60 seconds) is immediate so if this works just as well while I am abroad I will be immensely happy.

• Goods purchased & cost