Still no delivery

IanThompson's review of Dell wwww.dell.co.uk

“Still no delivery”

Written on: 24/09/2013 by IanThompson (2 reviews written)

I ordered (and paid for) a laptop from the Dell online store 3 weeks ago. Delivery was promised one week ago but didn't happen. It transpires the laptop has gone missing, lost in in transit between two UKMail depots (the carrier that DELL use). I accept this is beyond DELL's control but they are refusing to send a replacement laptop and I've been given no indication whatsoever by DELL how they intend to resolve the matter. The delivery tracker is below

17/09/13 07:00 BPO - EDINBURGH NOT REC'D/INCOMPLETE IN DEPOT.
16/09/13 16:17 WWI - LUTTERWORTH ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.
16/09/13 16:17 WWI - LUTTERWORTH FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.
16/09/13 16:16 WWI - LUTTERWORTH ORDER COMPLETE IN HUB.
16/09/13 16:16 WWI - LUTTERWORTH FIRST BOX SCANNED INTO HUB.
09/09/13 16:45 CHINA DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY

• Goods purchased & cost

Ianthompson's Response to IanThompson's Review

Written on: 14/10/2013

Well, 3 weeks since I posted the above and ... still no laptop! Situation now farcical. I was eventually PROMISED delivery of a replacement laptop on or before 10.10.2013. However, it didn't happen. Reason 'we no longer have office 2010 trial which was to be in your machine'. I was then offered a full version of Office 2013 and told machine will now be assembled. And now today I have been told my machine still not built because they can't put an i5 processor in it., although I had ordered/paid for a laptop with an i5 processor (ordered straight from DELL web site). They now say they can only offer an i3 processor in the laptop I ordered. (Inspiron 14z). I now have no idea of the specs of the laptop they are now offering me - as it is no longer the product I ordered paid/for and looks like it has lower spec. I placed my order on 03.09.2013!!! Have always bought from DELL before but will not do so again.