Find Another Company

Guest's review of Computer Planet www.computerplanet.co.uk

“Find Another Company”

Written on: 20/11/2012

I needed this PC urgently for work purposes and was furious when I opened it up to find out it was damaged. So I called Computer Planet immediately to tell them about the damaged PC. They opened a ticket for return/repair. I tested the PC to see if it worked and after reinserting the sound card it all seemed to be ok. I was happy to keep the PC as I needed it urgently so as long as I could come to an arrangement with CP. There was no arrangement, I was given 2 options, 1. Return & Repair with an aim of a 5 day turnaround, or 2. No warranty and a £20 refund. £20 refund and NO warranty on a £860 PC, what were they thinking ?.
So I'm left with no choice but to return and repair. Which in turn means you have to wait in all day for UPS to collect and then again to return. This is most inconvenient and the least I would have expected is a designated collect and return time. As I write it's been back with them now for 2.5 days and I've not even received a status update. I contact them via the "ticket system" and all I get back is "the system will update as it moves through the stages". I have asked them to look in to it, but it now appears they won't even reply to me ?.
My conclusion is, nobody want's to take responsibility of this, they just say sorry blah blah blah, and you can do nothing but follow the system and wait. I would not recommMaybe I've been unlucky, but at the moment I would not recommend this company to anyone. My PC turned up damaged and it had clearly been dropped although there was no evidence of this on the cardboard packaging ?.
My conclusion is, nobody want's to take responsibility of this, they just say sorry blah blah blah, and you can do nothing but follow the system and wait. I would not recommend them as there are many other similar companies out there. Still with out my PC, but maybe I've just been unlucky.end them as there are many other similar companies out there. Still with out my PC, but maybe I've just been unlucky.

• Goods purchased & cost