The Customer Service is a joke

Guest's review of Computer Planet www.computerplanet.co.uk

“The Customer Service is a joke”

Written on: 12/06/2012

They sent me the pc I initially ordered with a fault.
They wanted me to ship it back at a cost to me.
Once they decided to pay for shipping, they took a look at it, marked it quality tested and sent it back.
They didn't say what was wrong with it or what they had changed.
I received the pc again to find out it had the same problem.
I get on-line to tell the customer service guy and he says and I quote
"I assume replacing the part did not solve the problem you thought it was?"
As if to insinuate that I'm that guy who's fault it is for leading them up the garden path...... all I know is something is causing the pc to crash, hang and freeze I didn't mention anything about a specific part.
Also when they sent me the pc the second time, they had just lost the box of accessories I sent back with the PC. I was waiting for a monitor adapter, power cord and wifi antennas.
The later was the hardest to retrieve, some guy who works on customer service kept going on about how the antennas they had now would not work, I would have to swap over the networking card.... blah blah blah, anyway the new card arrives with antennas ..... it's the same card..... all I had to do was attach them to the pc as was...... now back on-line.
All in all I have found dealing with this company to be an absolute nightmare and I would urge anybody thinking of getting a new custom pc to think twice before ordering it from computerplanet.
Also they don't offer any refunds because the pcs are custom made ...... personally I believe that is in violation with the sales of goods act and therefore illegal.

• £650

• Up to a week late

Computerplanet's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2012

Customer was asked not to return the accessories back with the PC but sent them back anyway. We forwarded them back to the customer. Wireless antennas are not connected to the PC due to risk of them getting damaged in transit. It's a very simple job which needs no tools to finder screw them onto the back of the PC. We are sorry the customer had problems and the issue was resolved at no cost to the customer.