Appalling Quality Control & Customer Service.

benzodiazepine's review of Computer Planet www.computerplanet.co.uk

“Appalling Quality Control and Customer Service. ”

Written on: 20/04/2012 by benzodiazepine (1 review written)

The good things first:
Very Keenly priced, good choice of components, system was very well packed for delivery. All retail boxes which the main components came in were provided with all CDs, manuals etc included.

Also, as they did not have my first choice of power supply and blu-ray drive, they gave me free upgrades to superior units. Very impressive start.

And now everything else.

They didn't bother to connect all front panel features of the case, they installed the hard drives in a manner as to only encourage overheating and short working life (and justified this with a reason that wouldn't have prevented them from installing them correctly in the first place), and they installed to CPU cooler the wrong way around: It was fighting against the airflow of the case fans. The CPU was hitting 75c when just at less than half-tilt as a result. I asked for a refund of the system cost, minus the cost of parts (i.e. refund for labour costs of the system) and they refused this, offering some free games and a flash drive instead. They cite being a small margin PC builder as a reason for not refunding me for the service which they performed appallingly badly.

I could have sent it back for them to fix it; however the hassle this would entail was not worth it, and with such poor quality control in the first instance I wouldn't have trusted them to fix it anyway.

However, you can make your mind up for yourself, I've put the entire discussion with their customer support here (sadly you need to read from the bottom up):

Obviously, its my money so I could be biased. Feel free to read what their customer service offers and decide for yourself if you want to take the gamble.

However if you are not able to spot a badly put together computer yourself, I wouldn't take the risk IMHO.

Personally I am never going to buy anything from them ever again.

• Desktop PC, £1300