Nothing but hassle.

Guest's review of Computer Planet www.computerplanet.co.uk

“Nothing but hassle.”

Written on: 28/10/2011

I purchased a PC from Computer Planet in August and when it arrived it was faulty (I can't see why their testing never picked up any fault) It was then sent back and 'repaired' and then delievered to me about 3 weeks later.

When I recieved it the PC still wasn't fully functional, It was a massive incovenience for me and it took a while for them to give me a refund as they kept saying "We cannot offer a refund" it's been 2 months since I ordered it and still haven't got a PC, I need to look else where. - It may have just been my bad luck, but I know for a fact their testing methods need improving, my motherboard was faulty and I don't know how they didn't pick up on this error, I would not recommend doing business with them, find another more competent company.

• Custom PC (£685)

• Up to a week late

Computerplanet's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2011

Customers PC was delivered. They reported a technical fault 3 weeks later. The PC was collected from the customer and the Asus motherboard replaced. The PC was returned back to the customer. The customer reported the USB ports, eSATA and Card Reader were not working. We asked the customer to check inside to see if the cables had come unseated when the customer was removing the internal packing (internal packing to protect the heatsink during transit) the customer said they were fully connected. We collected the PC from the customer. We opened the case to find the leads had been pulled out. We pushed them back in and fully tested the PC for 48 hours. We then sent the PC to be dispatched to the customer. Customer contacted us to request a refund.

A full refund was issued the same day.