Not an Impressive place

Guest's review of Computer Planet www.computerplanet.co.uk

“Not an Impressive place”

Written on: 23/09/2011

I purchased a PC from Computer Planet as a gift for a family members birthday on the 25th August.

I was told the parts I had picked were all compatible and that building would begin shortly.

2 days after receiving that e-mail I had another stating 2 parts were not compatible and was charged extra for replacement parts. Another week later I was told 2 more parts needed replacing. The second set of replacements were free so that wasn't as bad but it could still have been dealt with quicker than it was.

After waiting 3 weeks I e-mailed to find out what the delay was and was told i'd receive an e-mail the next day with a delivery time. I never received that e-mail.

The PC was due to be completed on the 12th September but didn't arrive until the 20th.

When it did arrive it only worked for an hour until it froze up. After trying several reboots it failed to boot up at all.

I am now waiting for them to collect it and have it repaired. I had an awful time with customer service. It took 9 hours from me mailing them the problem to them saying they would repair it. In that 9 hours I was insulted and talked down to and no apology was given.

It has taken a month for them to send me out a PC that didn't work and has a terrible customer service.

It has been dealt with but, as with the parts, could have been dealt with faster and more satisfactory than it was. It is a real shame i've had such a bad experience as the computers look to be great and up until finding out it didn't work I was incredibly delighted with my purchase. It was a mid spec PC for a fraction of the price some of the bigger companies charge.

If I can offer any advice to anyone looking to purchase from them it's speak to them in depth beforehand. Get as much detail as you possibly can with regards to what parts you want for your PC.

I don't want this review to come across as a dislike for the actual company it really was just a bad experience. I just want people to be aware that things can go wrong and it's far better to get all the information you can before rushing in. They do offer good value for money and it seems the good outweighs the bad so don't be put off just be cautious.

• £700

• A few weeks late

Rawne1980's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2011

Just a few alterations to my review here.

Computer was taken to be repaired and it has gone smoothly so far.

I'd also say the value for money on the products they had is higher than my original score.

It seems my issues with this company are not 'the norm' so should only be taken as opinion and not gospel.

1 bad experience does not make it a terrible company however I would add that getting more information on anything you buy from them and speaking to them first hand may be beneficial.

Rawne1980's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2011

Response to Computer Planet.

At 2.02pm you gave me the option of having my PC collected or booting it up from the Windows disk.

I replied to that to state my PC would not boot up so I could not access BIOS to boot from disk.

You replied back with an insult to which I answered and then you sent this.

CP Posted on 22-09-2011 17:32
Ok please use the RMA and it will be fixed and returned back to you ASAP.

3 hours and 30 minutes after i'd asked you to collect the PC. From a conversation that started at 8.34am it took 9 hours to get you to agree to collect it.

I have the entire conversation screencapped don't try and make me out to be a liar.

Computerplanet's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2011

Customer contacted us on 21-09-2011 at 9:51 PM. We replied via email on 22-09-11 at 8:34 AM. We tried to trouble shoot this via email with the customer and asked them at 2:02 PM on the same day if they would like us to collect the PC and replace it.

The customer booked a free UPS(courier) collection by 5:30 PM the same day. UPS (courier) collected the PC on Friday 23rd (same day you posted the review) to deliver it back to us on the next working day which is Monday.

We are very sorry that the you have had problems with this PC. We have responded very quickly to all your messages and booked a free collection for you the same working day you reported the fault. We feel the level of customer services provided was very high but again we are sorry that you have had a technical problem.

The PC will be delivered to us on Monday and will be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible and returned back to you for free.