Accused of wearing a returned item

BrianMcWilliams's review of Zara Online - www.zara.com

“Accused of wearing a returned item”

Written on: 10/07/2014 by BrianMcWilliams (1 review written)

I've just sent back three ill fitting items to Zara and been refunded for two. I was told the shop manager had deemed the third item non-refundable as it had been worn. I have certainly not worn the item so called to challenge this. She was unhelpful and told me that the item in question had a mark on the hem and creasing at the knees with no tag on. I hadn't spent time inspecting the item for faults as I'd tried on quickly and it didn't fit so had returned in the original packing. I'm now having to have the item re-sent to me so that I can return again for a 'second opinion'. It's less the £29 that I am concerned about but the accusation that I've a. worn an item and then b. lied. I'm disheartened, upset and angry at the lack of customer service. I await to see what will happen from here but am taking this very seriously. If you do order from Zara check all items on arrival for tags and damage and report immediately if anything is amiss as they certainly don't err on the side of believing their customers.

• Jeans £29