Worst Customer Service

kpetrillo's review of Zara Online - www.zara.com

“Worst Customer Service”

Written on: 22/05/2014 by kpetrillo (1 review written)

I found a dress I liked for my graduate school graduation on Zara's website. When I tried to find it in the store I was sent around to four different people who all gave me noncommittal responses and shrugs of the shoulders. I decided to order it online anyway despite not being able to try it on. When it arrived, the dress was ill-fitting. Once I got around to taking it to a tailor, I was told the dress could not be altered and I had to find something else to wear to graduation. The day after the tailor said she could not do anything I called the store, although it was beyond the 30 return policy period. They directed me to call the online customer service. This woman said she would make a note of the special circumstances and request a refund. She said I would be contacted with the answer the following day. They called back and left a message that it was denied, claiming that their 30 day return period was "generous". I called again explaining that the dress had never been worn, that the tags were still on it, I had the receipt, and that the dress was still available for sale online. The woman said there was nothing she could do, but that her manager could call me back later that day. I received a call from her manager, Eric, who read from the same script she did. He said the return had been denied and there was nothing that could be done. I asked if he was the one in charge of denying the return, he said no that it was corporate. I asked to speak to someone from corporate about the specific situation and he said that was not possible because those responsible for denying the return request were not "specific people". So I can only assume that Zara.com is run by an invisible omnipotent entity in the sky that answers directly to no one. I work in customer service and I hate being put in a situation where I have to be the angry customer, which is why I attempted to explain the circumstances rationally. The conversation escalated to anger as I was continually met with the same scripted answers and no genuine justification for the denial of the return. Needless to say, I will not be shopping with Zara ever again.

• Dress $80