Horrible service & return policy

Enelso2's review of Zara Online - www.zara.com

“Horrible service and return policy ”

Written on: 23/01/2014 by Enelso2 (1 review written)

My mom ordered a sweatshirt online for my boyfriend. It was too small. We ended up going out of town for the holidays so when we came back, we tried to EXCHANGE it. The first time we went in there, we didn't have a receipt, but we found a sweatshirt similar to it just with different colors. They said we could only exchange it without a receipt if we had the same exact sweatshirt , just a different size. (Headache #1)
So I go home to search for the receipt, find it, and realize that there's a 30 day return policy. Okay. So I call customer service to see if there's anything that can be done. They tell me that the online department can't accept it, but to call the store because they have DIFFERENT return policies and it's up to the manager. (Headache #2)
So I call the store and explain my situation and they say I CAN exchange it. I get to to the store and one of the managers (rude btw), after repeating exactly what I say, says she can't exchange it because it's not the same sweatshirt, SAME size. Where's the sense in that? So long story short, I couldn't exchange an item purchased for my boyfriend. All we can do is lol at the sweatshirt, because it doesn't fit anyone. The customer service and contradicting policies needs to be reviewed. If up to the manager as to whether or not something can be exchanged or returned, couldn't their decisions be biased and unfair? I think the company as a whole needs to review and come to some sort of agreement on their return policies because what they have now, is not working.

• Goods purchased & cost