Woeful customer service & delivery service

Guest's review of Zara Online - www.zara.com

“Woeful customer service and delivery service”

Written on: 06/11/2013

I ordered a pair of jeans from Zara's online store and paid the standard £3.95 for delivery. Whilst the item was dispatched very quickly the delivery service they used (Hermes) was abominable. Essentially unless you are willing to take a day off work to receive your delivery in person there is no means of them actually leaving your parcel and no option to collect the item from a nearby depot. The only contact number for Hermes was clearly a personal mobile for the driver and when it was finally answered the man's English was insufficient to understand me. Zara customer services were entirely unhelpful and told me that it was essentially my fault for not being there to provide a signature. Initially I was told I was not entitled to a refund on delivery charges and only when I made a fuss (at which point the Zara operator thought it appropriate to burst into giggles) and asked to speak to a supervisor was I then told that I was in fact entitled to a refund for delivery. Shocking customer service from a brand that can clearly afford to do much better.

• Goods purchased & cost