5 days later & my order still hasn't been dispatched...

peevedisanunderstatement's review of Zara Online - www.zara.com

“5 days later and my order still hasn't been dispatched...”

Written on: 02/01/2013 by peevedisanunderstatement (15 reviews written)

I placed an order online for one pair of boots with Zara.com on 28/12/12. It was confirmed by email and yet 5 days later, it still hasn't been dispatched. I have emailed 3 times and have not had a single reply despite promising to put in an official complaint and write online reviews of my experience. Had my phone not been out of action i would have called their contact center sooner. Luckily i am able to borrow a phone later on today although from what ive been reading here, it looks doubtful that ill get the information i need even if i do get through to someone. Absolutely dreadful service, ive never had this problem with Zara before so clearly something has gone drastically wrong. I understand its their sales period but it shouldn't take 5 days to track down 1 item and dispatch it to me. Even if it does get dispatched today which is unlikely, it could take up to another week until i receive my order. So ive paid out for an order that could take 2 weeks to get to me. I just want to say for the record as i live in hope that companies pay attention to sites such as these; Zara is meant to be a higher market company, it doesn't reflect well on them or their products to provide such bad service and they will lose customers because of it. I can state categorically that i will never shop online with them again.

Croc99's Response to peevedisanunderstatement's Review

Written on: 05/01/2013

Hi, just wanted to know whether you had received your parcel yet? As I ordered mine earliar this week and am starting to worry about when il recieve it! Even though it does say in the confirmation email allow 5-7 days for arrival.
Thanks

Peevedisanunderstatement's reply to Croc99's Comment

Written on: 08/01/2013

It has been 11 days since I placed the order and I received a dispatch confirmation at midday today. It should arrive tomorrow apparently but from the experiences other people have had with Zara's courier I don't hold out much hope. Even if it does arrive, 9 working days is a disgusting amount of time to wait for one pair of boots and from now on ill only ever shop in store with them. My advice to you would be wait 5 working days since you placed the order and then contact them - although they weren't able to contact the warehouse for me when i rang them so they aren't much help (and I spoke to a manager). Also, you have to ring several times because apparently they're always busy (with this sort of customer service its no surprise). If you need your item asap you'd be better off ringing your local store and asking them to put it aside for you to buy if they have it (and then of course cancel the online order on your Zara account). From my experience, its very unlikely you'll get it in good time from buying online. Good luck.