Truly love the sweater (but hate the buttons)

Gomo234's review of Wool Overs USA - www.woolovers.us

“Truly love the sweater (but hate the buttons)”

Written on: 07/11/2013 by Gomo234 (1 review written)

I bought the Guernsey tunic cardigan in ivory in a Small and it fits perfectly. I am an American Size 8, bust 36 1/2 inches. The knit of this sweater is hefty and nicely hides the colors of any blouse or other layer worn underneath. It is cozy warm...much warmer and more windproof than the typical fleece jackets that abound in the U.S. It has a drop shoulder and a subtle, yet attractive decorative knit around the armholes and across the bottom hem. The sleeve cuffs are deep with a full 3 inch turned back cuff that is tacked in place. If you need longer sleeves, you could easily snip the tack and add considerable length to the sleeves. The pockets in the front are roomy and very convenient when the sweater is worn as a jacket. My only complaint is the buttons. They are way too plain Jane for the sweater and even worse, they are too big for the buttonholes. The first time I wore the sweater outside, I got caught in a blustery rain shower and simply could not button the buttons! I soon bought new, much prettier, slightly smaller buttons and replaced the old ones. With the new buttons, the sweater looks very, very classy. You won't go wrong buying this sweater for either indoor or outdoor wear. I love it. And, the price is fantastic for the value, even with the additional the cost of mailing it across the pond.

• Guernsey Tunic Cardigan 50 USD plus 6 USD shipping