Not worth the trouble with Canadian Customs

suse305's review of Wool Overs Canada - www.woolovers.ca

“Not worth the trouble with Canadian Customs”

Written on: 25/09/2013 by suse305 (1 review written)

With the name "Woolovers Canada" and taking into account the very low shipping costs they are offering, one would think that they have, like Gap or the like, a warehouse in Canada and there will be no trouble receiving the goods. So I ordered three items for a total of 125 Canadian Dollars, and shipping costs of C$11. I should have read the small print though. The store is in the UK and they ship across the border without a tracking number. Customs in Montreal opened my parcel and for unknown reasons taxed it based on an amount of over C$200. So for the actual value of C$125 I was to pay the crazy amount of C$79 to customs. I refused to accept the goods and they were "returned to sender". It's been three months now and the parcel hasn't shown up anywhere. Since I will get no refund unless the items are back in the UK, and since without a tracking information, they are impossible to find, I guess I will just have to forget about my money. The people at Woolovers "Canada" couldn't care less. They say it is my problem. I say, the webpage is misleading and the goods probably weren't even declared correctly. Note to self and all Canadians: SHOP LOCAL!

• Goods purchased & cost