Uncomfortable

Sensitive1's review of Wool Overs Australia - www.woolovers.com.au

“Uncomfortable”

Written on: 16/07/2013 by Sensitive1 (1 review written)

I ordered a turtle neck/polo neck sweater. I have sensitive skin and can usually only bear natural materials as I find synthetics are prickly, irritating and leave my skin flaring red.
Unfortunately I found the same with my woollen polo, I'd really been looking forward to it but I believe the grade of wool to be too course as it prickles, irritates and I cannot bring myself to wear it for longer than 10-15 seconds.

The styling of the garment was good, a classic roll neck, ribbed at the cuffs, neck and waist. Which makes it all the worse to not be able to wear it. It's fairly thin, which would've been great for the Queensland winter but I can't imagine it being terribly warm in an average 4° climate.

Admittedly the garment was inexpensive, around $40 but I'd had higher hopes for the quality of the wool.
That said, the option for cashmere, merino and finer grade wools isn't available in the roll neck - I would willingly pay through the nose for a beautifully smooth, black roll neck sweater.

• Polo neck sweater, black, small.

Visit woolovers.com.au