Terrible service & customer care

Guest's review of The Independent Clothing Company Store - www.independentclothing.bigcartel.com

“Terrible service and customer care”

Written on: 09/03/2013

I ordered 2 items from this site, and after 2 weeks they were still undelivered. Even though the store boasts free fast delivery to the UK and the rest of the world within 10 days or so. I emailed the company personally and sent them a message from their website, which took them another week to respond. To this they said that one item was apparently on its way and the other item was sold out now, and their website was incorrect,and asked if I wanted something else instead. They weren't even going to inform me that one item wasn't to be delivered until I inquired about their lateness. I have sent more emails to no avail, and its been over 3 weeks and still no sign of any items being delivered to me or any response to my request for a refund. Terrible customer service, which is a shame because the store looks so great.

• Hoodie and Tshirt - cost £55.00

• Still waiting

Ljrb91's Comment

Written on: 09/05/2013

In response to reading your comments about this company,
I am in exactly the same position. I ordered 3 items, just shy of £90, on the 17th April; they still have not been delivered. I have sent three messages from their website, to which I have had no reply. Can I ask if you're items were ever or eventually delivered and how long did they take? I agree, customer service is terrible, which should be there number one priority. I won't be ordering from them again.. What a joke!

Ronjan23's Comment

Written on: 09/05/2013

I recently got a reply after sending a lot of messages via email and from their website over 3 months. Apparently my emails were going into their junk folder, which is no excuse because [name removed] had replied several times to me personally and said she'd sort it out and get back to me. No items were delivered as they ran out of stock, even though they lied and said some was on its way. I was however given a full refund, but they took their sweet time! Good luck, my only advice would be to keep sending messages and hassling them. Hope you get your stuff!

Unhappy1Shopper's Comment

Written on: 08/06/2013

My 17 year old son spent his birthday money on a sweatshirt which cost 42 pounds. He ordered it over a month a go and despite several emails has still yet to receive his order. The customer service is diabolical and I would advise anyone to steer clear of this company despite the promises made on the website. Can't find a contact no for this company which is totally unsatisfactory. Please send the sweatshirt immediately or if not give my son a refund.