Avoid this firm at all costs

Guest's review of T Shirt Subway - www.tshirtsubway.com

“Avoid this firm at all costs”

Written on: 12/01/2012

I ordered a Tshirt on 14.12.11 as a Christmas present from my 11 year old son to his Metallica-mad brother. I received an email assuring that items ordered prior to 15.12.11 would be despatched in time for Christmas. By 22.12.11, I was concerned and emailed only to be assured by generic email that my order had been despatched. Christmas came and went, with no sign of the item - my son was really upset that the present he had specifically chosen for his brother had not arrived and had to buy him something else. After reading reviews on here and realising that I wasn't the only customer experiencing issues I emailed again to say that if my order had not been despatched I wanted to cancel my order. 3 weeks after my order I received an email to say that my item was being despatched (funny as I had been assured it had already been sent) and the item finally arrived. I was delighted! Until I opened it. It is poor quality merchandise and not worth £17.00 in any way, shape or form. I emailed again to ask why they had told me that it had been despatched when in fact it had not, and why they had not cancelled my order. Again I received a generic reply which did not address the questions I asked. I would advise any potential customers to avoid this firm like the plague. Although I appear more fortunate than others in that I did actually receive my goods they are inferior quality and cheap looking. I am still kicking myself for not using play.com who have never let me down and always give value for money. Never again will I shop online without fully checking out the firm in question. A lesson learned.....

PS. Would have given no stars if I could. Why is this not an option?

• Metallica T shirt £16.99 plus P and P