Surplus & Adventure - www.surplusandadventure.com Review

Guest's review of Surplus and Adventure - www.surplusandadventure.com

“Bought a pair of boots and two pairs of trousers...”

Written on: 26/03/2013

Bought a pair of boots and two pairs of trousers online back in november. I received an email two days later telling me that none of the goods were in stock. Even thou it had said on their site that they were in stock. The boots arrived at the end of january with a note saying that the trousers would be arriving shortly. They never did. I asked for a refund and i was told that i could have a credit note. I insisted on getting a refund. They agreed and said i would receive it shortly, I have been waiting over three months for my refund. I email them regularly and occasionally receive a reply telling me that their accounts department are dealing with it. I rang them today but some idiot answered and said 'i only work in the retail department'. He gave me a phone number for their 'Head Office'. I rang it a few times and it just rang out. No answering machine nothing. I read on here to ring the Worcesterhire Regulatory Services to complain. I did and they gave me a number to ring that would advise me what to do and they would look into them. I do not live in England if i did i would go to their store and take it out of their till. It is not that it is a large amount but the fact that they have stolen from me. And so many others. These scumbags should be arrested. If they stole from you on the streets they would be. But they are getting away with it on line. I really hate this crowd. And i will do everything in my power to get my money and report them to everyone that will listen. Do not buy from these SCUMBAGS. You will be robbed.

• Goods purchased & cost

Picm's Comment

Written on: 27/03/2013

I wrote the above article last night. As i live in Ireland i was told to ring The European Consumer Rights [I think thats what their called]. They are based in Dublin. They told me to email them all transactions and emails i had with Surplus and Adventure. And to get on to my bank. Since this was all earlier on today i had not got round to doing any of the above. Earlier today i rang surplus and adventures head office. Not surprisingly there was no answer. I rang a number of times and still no answer. So i decided to ring their store again and ask for a phone number of someone in charge. I was told that they had no phone numbers of anyone above them and that they only email each other. I said i dont believe you and pretty much let rip into the fella. I told them that i had reported the company. The guy asked for my order number and gave me an email address of a lady to email. I went out for an hour and came back to find an email telling me that my money had been refunded to my account. RESULT. But took 3 months of emails to get it. My advice to anyone in the same position as i was, is report them to anyone that will listen and anyone that can help you. Ring their store and tell them that you are reporting them. Tell them how long youve been waiting for your refund. Kick up a storm on the phone. Good luck to anyone that is in the same position as i was. And remember do not buy from Surplus and Adventure.