First order was perfect, but since?

Guest's review of Streetshirts - www.streetshirts.co.uk (Pre October 2013)

“First order was perfect, but since?”

Written on: 22/05/2013

Just to give you a quick insight. I'm not a PC idiot, I've been using computers at work since 1989 and shopping online for more than 10 years. My experiences with this company have been less like pulling teeth and more like having them pulled.

The first teeshirt I had was great. I love it

The second time their website crashed as it was taking me to paypal, and when I went back to try and complete the order the paypal option had vanished and I could only pay by entering my credit card number.. No thanks, I use paypal to avoid that. So that order still sits there incomplete.

The third time it was midday and I was trying to hit the 2pm deadline for next day delivery as I was going away . I had almost got it finished to perfection then the site hung, froze, chucked me out and then wouldn't let me log back in. Said I was already logged in on another PC. By the time I managed to get someone on the phone to reset my account I had missed the deadline. No teeshirt.

At the start of May I got an email to say they had ugraded their design software and were celebrating by offering free printing. I was encouraged and thought 3rd time lucky. I ordered 2 teeshirts. One was okay but the other one - one of Chris Packham's free designs based on God Save the Queen by the SexPistols - was a real disappointment. It's meant to be big and loud and in your face, and so I had made the design as big as I dared. It had a white border around the edge so I allowed for that too.

The design came back 5cm smaller than I'd specified, they'd orientated the design to the bottom margin so that sat halfway down my boobs and on my stomach, and they'd cropped the horizontal margins and stretched the vertical ones. The design was still the right proportions so I'm puzzled about that last one, unless they have a maximum size and were making the whole design fit that. But they don't specify a max size on the teeshirt designer and if there is a limit, it should show up as "too big" as well as "too small" or else they are not providing the service promised to customers.

Anyway, I had planned to wear the teeshirt to a "Save the Bumblebee" event and now I couldn't. I'd waited patiently over a week for them to arrive - a lot of people had taken up the offer - and the event was that day so there was no time to get it redone.

I'm sending it back. I considered asking for vouchers but they have messed up 3 times now. 3 strikes and I'm out. I'm asking for a refund and I'll find a different printer that gives me what I order.

• Goods purchased & cost

• Up to a week late

Ebichu64's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2013

Just an update. It's been 4 weeks since i returned the tee shirt and asked for a refund. Zilch. No refund, and no email to explain any reason I'm not entitled. I've queried it and I fully expecti them to give me some dumb excuse like, they never received it.
I suppose it's possible Royal Mail have screwed up again (can I review them too - haha!) but they usually only lose post sent to me, not the post I send.
Even if they do cave in 4 weeks is too long to wait.

Streetshirts's Comment

Written on: 17/07/2013

Hi Ebichu64,

I'm sorry to hear about these problems you encountered with our website and delivery. If you still have any outstanding issues to resolve then please don't hastate to contact us and we'll look into it for you.

Kind regards,