BUYER BEWARE!!!

Guest's review of Spoiled Brat - www.spoiledbrat.co.uk

“BUYER BEWARE!!!”

Written on: 06/06/2013

Bough a pair of Australia Luxe for my partner for Christmas. Do I ever wish I went to Designer Desirables where they have real customer service! she didn't like them and I filled out the online return. I also mailed them back with the return form. They told me they could not take them back because they were a sale item.

This is trickery, they are legally obligated to take them back, which is why they put in small print that their "rules" don't effect your statutory rights. They will try to convince you to just get a credit.

So here's the next thing. Make sure you get a posting receipt. They will say that they had not received them until past the statutory rights, and ask you if you have a posting receipt. Hint: Collect Plus charges very little to return them, just go to the Collect+ website.

So you have your posting receipt, well then they ask you if you included the return form. I hope you took a photocopy of it! Hint: Use your mobile phone to snap a picture of it before mailing it off, with the number.

They will be as obstructive as possible to stop you from getting your legal refund. Full stop. In the end, I got my refund a couple of days before they legally had to return my money, two months after the purchase. And when I called them on their obstructive behavior to keep my money:

"Marks and Spencers do not accept returns on sale items, they advise customers of this when you purchase, do you then argue with them when you decide to return?!" was what they said.

Well she should realise that I don't buy 350 pound boots at Marks and Spencers, and when I do spend that much money, I expect a little bit of customer service (take a lesson from Selfridges). It would have been easier to return 2 pound flip flops at Marks and Spencer.

I guess instead spoiled Brat would rather rip off gullible teenagers. They should be ashamed.

• Goods purchased & cost