Don't know how they do sizes

Mike_Sh's review of So Jeans - www.sojeans.co.uk

“Don't know how they do sizes”

Written on: 04/03/2013 by Mike_Sh (0 reviews written)

Sojeans are a (French) company specialising in, yes, jeans. They seemed OK from the website and had some reasonable prices, so I ordered a pair. What a nightmare.
Everywhere I've bought before does trouser sizes Waist/Inside leg. So I ordered 32/28 - they send 28/32. Returned them and they sent me a voucher code. So I carefully check on the site how they do the sizing and it definitely seems to be W/IL, so order again. They send 28/32 again!
Hopeless! I give up and ask for a refund and now they say they won't refund a voucher. On checking it seems that by not simply rejecting them out of hand at the start and accepting the voucher I've been robbed of my legal right to a refund. And now there is nothing for sale at my voucher value.
I certainly can't recommend you take the chance to order from them, but if you do and there is anything wrong DON'T accept a voucher - get a refund immediately.
The only possible plus to this company is the simple returns which are collected by the courier who delivered them. That said, you have to phone to arrange collection which takes a little time as the return is to France and needs operator action, and you have to wait in for the courier. For me taking to a PO would probably be easier, but YMMV.

Mike_Sh's Response to Mike_Sh's Review

Written on: 18/03/2013

EDIT. After posting a similar review to that above on another site following an invite by Sojeans to review them there, I was contacted by Sojeans customer services and after some discussion they have now given me a full money refund and also a goodwill voucher, so a big thank you for that.
As a result I would now increase my rating to 2 stars - I cannot in all honesty give more as overall this was not an acceptable experience.
Apparently you can ask for a refund instead of a voucher via the website but the whole returns process defaults to a voucher and is not explained in the returns documentation, so you have to know to go and look for it. Getting a refund for a company's error by complaining on a public forum is not the way it should happen and I am sad that it had to go this way. The website has some very good features and Sojeans could do well.