Smart Buy Glasses - What warranty

BobFlanaganIII's review of Smart Buy Glasses - www.smartbuyglasses.co.uk

“Smart Buy Glasses - What warranty”

Written on: 24/07/2014 by BobFlanaganIII (1 review written)

Smart Buy Glasses sent me an email in the mistaken belief that I had received good service from them.

I purchased an Oakley Crosslink frame from them to have my optician fit prescription lens ( I have a weird prescription). Within a week, I noticed that the frame had developed a crack and so contacted Smart Buy Glasses who I thought would exchange the frame as it was well within their supposed warranty.

What then followed was a large amount of correspondence where they initially tried fobbing me off telling me the crack was part of the design of the frame.

They then told me the fitting of the lens then formed part of day to day use and were not covered by the warranty.

They then told me that cracks might happen during the fitting of the lens and implied that my optician was at fault.

They then claimed to understand my frustration at having bought a substandard inferior product and offered me 10% off the cost of a replacement frame.

At this point, I realised that I was dealing with a company that have no comprehension of customer service and contacted Oakley directly. Two emails later and I now have a nice shiny new frame.

Would I ever deal with Smart Buy Glasses ever again - NO

There supposed warranty is a waste of time. Do yourself a favour, pay a little bit more and use a more reputable company. Yes you may pay a little extra but if you have a problem then they are the last people I would want to deal with.

Thank god Oakley are a decent company otherwise I would have been out of pocket by nearly £100.

• Oakley Crosslink Prescription Frame £92