Misleading but did the job.

alip_93's review of Smart Buy Glasses - www.smartbuyglasses.co.uk

“Misleading but did the job.”

Written on: 22/05/2013 by alip_93 (1 review written)

So I knew exactly the pair of sunglasses I was after (Polarised Wayfarer 2140) and found them at a very good price from a UK retailer(The Glasses Corp - based in Devon). Unfortunately they had to refund me the money as they were out of stock of my size. So I then went looking for another UK retailer. I knew I wanted a .co.uk website and wanted confirmation they were genuine. I came across smart buy glasses. Prices in £ Sterling and .co.uk website so that would suggest a UK company. Prices were around what I was expecting (although a little more that my first UK retailer) so I placed my order. I then a few days later got an email saying they had been dispatched and gave me the tracking number. Checked DHL and they were in HONG KONG?! Very alarming as Asia is land of fake products and the glasses are made in Italy! I felt cheated that it was not mentioned. I sent them an email expressing my discomfort and got the usual copy and pasted reply about 4 days later (very slow at replying to emails) saying they are all 100% genuine and the warehouse is in Hong Kong blah blah. I could return them if I liked but would have to pay postage. Great.
They arrived after about 10 working days (DHL have a superb service!) and I gave them a thorough check to ensure they were real and to my surprise they were. Strong stiff heavy hinges, curved metal rods through the temples, laser etched 'RB' sign etc. Relief.
I still would have much preferred to pay a few more pounds and support UK business, not contribute to global warming with air shipping from Hong Kong and not be sending my money to some tax dodging company in Asia. Very misleading website.
I very much hope I do not get a bill from customs and the company should be paying the import tax!! If the company want to improve, I suggest they have a UK warehouse and call center.

• Ray Ban Wayfarer 2140 Polarised - £118