Hidden "returns" fee

dogsrunningamuck's review of Simply Be www.simplybe.co.uk

“Hidden "returns" fee”

Written on: 17/10/2013 by dogsrunningamuck (1 review written)

I order the majority of my clothes on-line. Partially, because I hate spending the time going to stores to shop and also, because I'm often looking for clothes that will be good for work, but have a little bit of an edge. Because I didn't know how the clothes from Simply Be would fit, I ordered cautiously, and even took the time to measure myself.

The clothes aren't what I'd consider high quality, but are fine for the cost. With my budget, I usually look for mid-range purchases anyway. I had to return one dress; it just looked frumpy on my. This is where my gripe is. I was intrigued by the odd amount of money that had been refunded to my account. Upon asking the company to explain, I learned that there was a surprise "returns fee" of $6.95. They highlight their "free returns" on the website, but the returns are not fee. My issue with this is less about the money, and more about the hidden return fee, which I was unable to find on their website. It just felt deceitful. I did e-mail them to ask where this information is listed and will see what they say. (Maybe it was in tiny 6 pt. font on one of the forms included in the shipping.)

• Simply Be