Shocking customer service - employees are terrible

Guest's review of Simply Be www.simplybe.co.uk

“Shocking customer service - employees are terrible”

Written on: 04/07/2013

Products that I've used are fine (I've only ever bought jeans from them but they're good) but the level of constant promotion is awful, as well as their customer service.

I constantly receive catalogues in the post despite having asked not to as I buy online. I receive emails very frequently that clog up my inbox, despite having opted out of them, too. But the worst thing has to be the phone calls.

I've had phone calls from them very early in the day and late in the evenings, very inconvenient times. On numerous occasions, I've been offered discount codes and been engaged in small talk that I don't desire for up to five minutes instead of just being given a code and that being it. I told the woman in one phone call that I didn't need the code for footwear discounts since I only ever buy jeans from them. She then proceeded to ask me what size jeans I wear... It's not as though I care about her knowing my size since I'm the second smallest size they make, but with the clients that they have, there are bound to be many people who won't appreciate such questions. My phone call was made even longer by her squirming down the phone not knowing how to react.

Their employees are faux-friendly, over the top and waste far too much of my time whenever I talk to them on the phone. If you're thinking of ordering from them, just don't. Go to an Evans store or something and steer well clear of these clowns!

• Goods purchased & cost