Charged Upfront for Backordered Item with a Moving Ship Date

Stonel's review of Simply Be www.simplybe.co.uk

“Charged Upfront for Backordered Item with a Moving...”

Written on: 31/01/2013 by Stonel (1 review written)

I had high hopes for the online retailer however the combination of poor clothing quality, archaic methods of doing business, and lousy customer service have convinced me to look elsewhere and never be a returning customer.

I ordered a few items on 11.15.2012 - one of which was a back ordered item that was expected to ship before 12/25/2012, then changed to early January 2013, then late Janaury 2013 and now 2/6/2012. Simply Be has had my payment for the item while I have no product. All retailers I have dealt with do not process your payment until the item is ready to ship. I just cancelled the order only to have the Customer Service Rep tell me that my request will be transferred to Customer Service where they will contact me in 48 hours to confirm cancellation. Say what?

Unfortunately, while their policies and customer service standards have the potential to be improved, the quality of their clothes cannot. Some of the worst garment making techniques, poor fit and material quality. Don't be fooled by clever photography and airbrushing of online and catalogue images.

Simply Be should 'Simply Be' gone!

• Far more than it's worth.

• Still waiting