Some issues, but not that bad.

Guest's review of Simply Be www.simplybe.co.uk

“Some issues, but not that bad. ”

Written on: 16/11/2012

I've had an account with them since 2006 and have never had any major issues. Shipping times are usually fine. Once I paid for Next Day delivery but the courier messed up (very obvious from the parcel tracking info) they refunded me the difference in shipping costs immediately one I requested them to via email.

They do bother you over the phone occasionally when you don't order for a while and you account is paid off. They'll offer you discounts and whatnot to place an order right there and then, which I find very annoying.

More recently I've been having a number of issues with orders that were sent directly from the manufacturer. One scarf, rather than being sent to me was somehow sent from the manufacturer to SimplyBe who then classed it as a return. When I tried to reorder the whole line of scarves was no longer on their site.

They also often take ages to advise you when something is permanently out of stock and if you've ordered something that says 'delivery is likely to take 28 days or more' - don't bother, it'll never be back in stock.

I've had another recent problem whereby I paid by card rather than on account and they took nearly two months to actually charge my card, despite me emailing a few times to request they finally do so. (It's a bit frustrating having to keep monitoring your bank account over a purchase for such a long time!).

The website isn't great and often has compatibility issues with browsers like Chrome for example. They also don't mark down their items throughout the site. So an item that's maybe half price in the Offers section will still be purchasable at the full price if you add it to your cart from the normal catalog. I find that a bit dodgy, but once you know about you can ensure you always double check the offers.

But aside from that I've been quite pleased with the many items I've ordered over the years.

• Goods purchased & cost