Black Mark On Credit File for oweing them £0.00

LindseyD's review of Simply Be

“Black Mark On Credit File for oweing them £0.00 ”

Written on: 30/10/2012 by LindseyD (1 review written)

Last year I look out an account with Simply Be. I ordered 3 items, then returned the 3 items as they were faulty.
I called their helpline who confirmed that I would not be charged for delivery or any other charges.
In August I recieved a letter from a company called UK Search Limited, demanding that I pay £111.95 to them as I owed Simply Be the money. I called them to dispute this, but all they said was "pay up"
I then called Simply be, and after almost an hour on the phone, was told that it appeared that I was wrongly charged for delivery of £9.97, that they would amend my account, and removed the marker from my credit file. I was pretty upset that my credit file had been marked as I did not owe this company anything. I was also told that I would have to reapply if I wanted my account back, marking my credit file again.
I also recieved a copy of the file that simply has for payments. On 2 dates the double charged me for admin fee's!!!
I had an E.mail from them, admitting that they should not have charged me, but refuse to allow me to have my account back until I pass another credit check.
I feel that as a company they have failed me financially.
They offered to send me £13 for my phone calls, but I do not feel that simply Be have taken responsibility for their actions. They wrongly charged me, sent my details to a collections service, black mared my credit file, and took my account away from me.Now they are refusing to return my calls and emails. Rubbish Company!

• Goods purchased & cost