What a mistake!

Guest's review of Simply Be www.simplybe.co.uk

“What a mistake!”

Written on: 05/09/2012

I received a catalog in the mail stating that Simply Be is "now in the US." Great, never heard of them but the clothes in the catalog looked fantastic. They were a little pricey but I thought I'd treat myself to a couple of pieces.

Free shipping, you say? Fantastic! 20% new orders? Even better! The only thing they left out is the international finance charge that will hit your credit card along with the duty you have to pay at the post office. I ordered four items (~$200 with discount) and paid almost $50 in duty and international financing charges. Are you kidding me?!

When I finally picked up my package (after shelling out the duty at the post office) I took it home to hope it was all worth the trouble. I was wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong! The clothes looked awful compared to how they looked in the catalog. The material was flimsy. Out of four pieces, I only kept a poncho.

Horribly disappointed. For all of the money I spent (and duty money I'll never get back) I expected WAY more. The company also needs to be more upfront about the duty charge. I found it buried in their website.

My message to Simply Be? Go back to where you came from!

• 200