Rude & hopeless company - avoid

Guest's review of S Buckinghams - www.sbuckinghams.com

“Rude and hopeless company - avoid”

Written on: 17/05/2013

I bought 2 bags from SBuckinghams. They arrived a week apart and were both faulty. I reported the faults (one had a clip missing, the other a zip that didn't work) 6 days after the second one arrived because I had been away, and they refused to accept the return, saying that it was general wear and tear. Initially they didn't respond to my emails at all, and then I chased by the phone, only to be told someone would call me back.

They only responded when I sent a letter and threatened legal action. At which point they reviewed one photo of each bag, claimed it was wear and tear (yes, after 6 days on a £150 bag, and a missing buckle on a £100 bag) and said they couldn't do anything.

Only when legal action was about to be started did they offer to pay for the postage to get one bag repaired and send me a replacement clip for the other. So 2 months on I am still without the leather bag that I need for work, I am fairly sure it won't last a year once I have it back, and I have repeatedly been ignored and accused of being a liar by SBuckingham's customer services.

Personally, I will avoid them and Tuscany Leather bags from now on. I would too if I were you.

• 2 bags; total cost £250

• Up to a week late

Dannyboy71Uk's Comment

Written on: 19/07/2013

I read your review and I have to agree that this company is an absolute disgrace! One time customer and still waiting for 1 of 2 pocket squares which you would think would be relatively easy to supply. Nearly two months later and after ringing their terrible phone lines and using their support ticketing system I am now at my wits end and about to contact my credit card company to get me a refund for the outstanding item. I have never encountered anything like this before and am very surprised this company is still trading!

Rigandrob's Comment

Written on: 16/01/2014

Yes I agree. I am trying to get my refund for an unwanted item . Its an absolute nightmare. Don't you think a lot of these gleaming reviews are fake. I posted a negative review this morning and in no time at all 3 five star reviews were submitted !!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still waiting for my £205 !!!!!!!!