BEWARE - Only buy if 100% sure you will not need to return!

Juliao270's review of Roman Originals - www.romanoriginals.co.uk

“BEWARE - Only buy if 100% sure you will not need to...”

Written on: 24/05/2014 by Juliao270 (1 review written)

Last year I purchased a cardigan for a wedding and tried it on in the store to make sure it fitted. When I got it home the colour did not go with the outfit. I returned it the very next day but was told I could not have a refund, only a voucher. Was told 'we like to keep the profits in the business'!!! This policy was NOT made clear when I bought the item.
I returned to the store several times to try and find something else to spend the voucher on but there was nothing I liked. I was aware that there may be an expiry on the voucher so checked in the store to see how long it lasted. I was told by the assistant that it was two years. Eventually this week I found a shirt which was ok so went to buy it. I was told the voucher had expired!! Shop assistant very unhelpful and told me to phone customer services. Now I'm £30 out of pocket. Following my one and only experience, I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE FORM ROMANS AGAIN! Will stick with NEXT, M&S or in fact any other clothes retailers who allow you to change your mind.

• Cardigan £30

Candycat's Comment

Written on: 24/05/2014

Totally agree with you, Romans returns policy is terrible, I realise that shops are not obliged to give a refund if the customers changes their mind, and the goods are not faulty, however it is the service we expect from high street stores, never again will Romans get my business, the returns policy really doesn't encourage customers to return again and make another purchase, they deserve to go into liquidation - the sooner the better