BEWARE ....VERY DISAPOINTING REFUND POLICY AND CUSTOMER SER

honestreviewer48's review of Roman Originals - www.romanoriginals.co.uk

“BEWARE ....VERY DISAPOINTING REFUND POLICY AND...”

Written on: 07/10/2013 by honestreviewer48 (1 review written)

I don't want you to think that I am a serial complainer but if you can just bear in mind that I am a pensioner with a back injury and impaired vision. I saw two lovely sequined jumpers online for Christmas wear but decided to travel 40 miles to a Roman shop so that I could see them up close. I liked what I saw but due to the back injury I struggled to try on properly but just managed it. I thought they were fine but had slight doubts as I cannot see properly and on my own at that time. When it came to buying I told the assistant that I was so pleased to have made the journey into store after she told me that if I had bought online I would have had to have paid postage to return the items, so I thought I had done well and could take them both home to decide which one I would like to keep or perhaps both. At this point I was not told anything about their return on unsuitable items. On getting the items home and having someone with good eye sight to take a look, it soon became apparent that the jumpers did not fit me at all. The following morning we traveled to a Roman store yet another 40 miles for a refund. I was promptly told that they do not issue refunds only a gift card which was of no use to me at all . After all this travelling I was so upset having spent £50 that I could not have back just 24 hrs after purchase. I was told that there were two signs displayed in every shop stating no refunds...how could I be expected to see those with bad eyesight. I was never at any point told of the refund policy and if I had of been I would never have handed over £50. I asked in store to speak to the customer services on the phone which the assistant tried to do for me, but she was told that I was not allowed to speak to them and that I had to go to a phone somewhere and ring them myself. Apart from travelling back home 40 miles to use a land line with no refund, I had to call from a pay as you go mobile phone to call them at more expense. The assistant at customer services said she could not allow a refund despite all the failings that I mentioned in store and I was not happy. The higher supervisor who I next asked to speak to told me the same, no refund under any circumstance just a gift card. So after 160 miles travelling I was left struggling in store for almost 2hrs with a back injury and bad eye sight to try to find something to make up to £50. I eventually just made the best of a bad job and ended up with something that I certainly would not have spent £50 on under normal circumstances. I do quite a lot of shopping and have never been so disappointed with the attitude and returns policy of this company. If you have to travel to an outlet they very least they can offer you is a refund. My new items cost £52 and they even took a further £2 from me despite all my distress...an awful experience. I will never buy again from Roman Originals and you must use absolute caution before buying in store as I did, thinking that an item could be refunded if unsuitable.

• Two sequined jumpers £50