Worst customer service ever

DamonBailey's review of River Island www.riverisland.com

“Worst customer service ever”

Written on: 26/03/2014 by DamonBailey (1 review written)

I'm totally bamboozled by their appalling approach to Customer Service.

I can't seem to get an actual human being to respond to my completely clear queries re my Order return. All that happens is they send some pointless template email that just restates the same information and doesn't look at the individual case.

I've also asked to make a formal complaint and I get no response to that either. I haven't even had a supervisor come back to me to escalate the issue given that I've had no adequate response from the people on the floor. Even companies with offshore Customer Service do better than this. It's shocking and I can't believe the people who actually run and own the company want it to treat customers this way.

I'm legally entitled to a refund for a clear case of goods being 'Not fit for Purpose' and this also entitles me to a refund of postage, but it's now a month after I sent the goods back and they still won't give me my refund, nor will they explain anything.

• Trousers

Sisi123456's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2014

River Island have the very worst customer device I have ever imagined.
I did not receive a belt with my dress ordered online and I am told I need to refund the whole item, rather than this be investigated. Also I then ask to return to my local store and am told it is a managers discretion and I will need to find out myself..the whole experience has been a waste of my time and money. I can not believe that River Island are such a small organisation in that they can not employ the correct mannered staff. I did not expect this level of service at all.

Lorri123's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2014

I totally agree the store in reading berkshire have the worse customer service I have ever had. It's so bad and it's well known by shoppers they are rude agressive and treat you like dirt on thier shoes. And head office are no help either when you complain.