Haven't received parcel

Guest's review of River Island www.riverisland.com

“Haven't received parcel”

Written on: 22/12/2013

I have been a loyal customer to river island for many years but I'm completely disgusted with them. On 14/12/13 I did an online purchase and selected 3-5 days delivery. I instantly received an email saying I'd receive my parcel by 20/12 but would receive a email when my delivery leaves their warehouse. On 19/12/13 I contacted the customer services a girl on the line told me it can actually take 9 working days but I'd still receive my parcel by Xmas. After searching their website it stated that it would only take longer than 5 days if I lived in certain areas of Scotland (which I don't) also the site was offering to still deliver before Xmas for any purchase before the 20th. My partner then called customer services to which a man answered and was very uncomfortable about the '9 days' comment his colleague had made He told me river islands delivery service was busy but they'd caught up with deliveries. Apparently I will get my parcel before Xmas even though I still haven't received an email about my parcel leaving their warehouse and Their not able to cancel my order. Fair to say I won't hold my breath.

• Goods purchased & cost