SCAM. Never again.

Guest's review of River Island www.riverisland.com

“SCAM. Never again.”

Written on: 17/11/2012

This is my second time ordering internationally from River Island. My first time, I had absolutely no problems. I ordered, and my clothes were delivered within a few days or so. This time, I ordered my clothing like before. However, a few days later I receive a sketchy email claiming I owe, $120 (yes $120) worth of customs charges. I was skeptical at first. (actually, I'm still skeptical) However, after having them call me, and realizing my package was in customs from the tracker, I had to pay. My order was only 200 dollars. So this is more than half of what I originally thought I was paying for. This didn't happen last time and it was too late to cancel my order because they had already shipped it. There was no clear statement before I purchased that I would have to pay 120 dollars in fees. I was forced to pay the ridiculous fee on top of the already overpriced clothing. So, Sorry riverisland. I like your clothing, but it's just not worth the time and money. I don't recommend this to anyone outside of the UK.

• Goods purchased & cost