Read this if they owe you money

katy1980's review of Republic - www.republic.co.uk

“Read this if they owe you money”

Written on: 19/02/2013 by katy1980 (1 review written)

Republic really are the lowest of the low. Over the years I've spend thousands with them. Recently, few weeks ago, I placed an order of £250 (which I've received) and last week an order of £105 (not received).

They marked my £105 order as "dispatched" and even provided a tracking number - but never actually shipped the goods. They do this so that they can charge your card - knowing FULL WELL you will not receive the goods.

As for my earlier £250 order (which I did receive) I have a couple of items to return (but I'll be damned if I do because I wouldn't trust them in a million years to refund me!)

IMPORTANANT: If you paid by credit card they will refund you. Legally credit card companies HAVE TO to refund for orders between £100 and £30,0000 (however many credit card companies do cover you for lower value items too - so MAKE SURE YOU CONTACT THEM if you order was below £100.)

If you paid by debit card.... good luck getting your money back.... However if they've traded illegally (like they have with me - charging my card - knowing I won't get my goods) then perhaps you should get on to Trading Standards (and make sure you let Republic know you are aware of their wrong doing)

I've also hear that people are not allowed to use their gift vouchers in-store either - unbelievable!

Here is the email for Repulsive, I mean Republics administration team (these are the only people who can deal with your request so try them, and if no luck contact your credit card company for a charge back): republicinadmin@uk.ey.com

I despise, I really do!!!

Good luck everyone. Don't let the scum bags keep your money (especially when they've taken it knowing full well you were never going to receive your goods).

• Goods purchased & cost