Dishonest. Cunning. Unethical. Avoid.

Jus.t's review of Profile Fashion - www.profilefashion.com

“Dishonest. Cunning. Unethical. Avoid.”

Written on: 14/05/2013 by Jus.t (1 review written)

Dear all, refrain from purchasing from Profile Fashion. I made a purchased from Profile Fashion via its website despite many negative reviews of the site on their service and products after giving them the benefit of doubt based on their purported relatively long history and likes on its Facebook page. Communication was prompt until payment was made. Item arrived 4 days after payment and turned out to be a display piece which had significant blemishes and scuff marks. I contacted Profile Fashion immediately and had to send 3 emails before getting a reply after 5 days. Initially Tom, a representative of the boutique, brushed off the fact that the item was considered faulty and labelled it as a display piece when clearly the item on its website at the time of purchase was ascertained to be free from signs of shop use. After a few exchanges of email, he acceded to the request for a complete refund which includes the costs of the item and shipping costs both ways. Item was scheduled for delivery the next day and arrived 6 days later. I was not notified by anyone until 6 days after the returns was received by Profile Fashion when I sent an email asking about the status. In the email response, Tom dishonoured his agreement by refusing to refund the return shipping fees and after trying to hold him to his agreement, he did not respond. Legal action was threatened yet he remains unresponsive. I lost 100 USD in this transaction and a substantial amount of time contacting consumer associations both in Singapore and UK of which many pointed to legal recourse which is costly and time consuming. I am writing this review hoping that no one will make the same blunder as I did of purchasing from Profile Fashion. A dishonest, cunning and unethical merchant.

• Goods purchased & cost

Danab70's Response to Jus.t's Review

Written on: 27/05/2013

Totally confused at this! Profile is an excellent shopping service with over 35 years experience. Who are you to bring it down with your crazy reviews all over the internet?. Other than Saks Fifth Avenue, I do all of my shopping on Profile and Net a Porter. Around 4 times Profile has given me free postage to NY, I was shocked at how kind they were when I kept getting my size wrong, they let me have free delivery. It was like a luxury shopping experience all the way from New York! The stores are one of the best designer boutiques in England, and that's for a reason.