The poorest customer service I've experienced

Guest's review of Plumo - www.plumo.com

“The poorest customer service I've experienced”

Written on: 09/10/2012

I don't usually post comments like this as I rarely have the time or inclination but in this instance I felt that Plumo were extremely unhelpful and I think that other Plumo customers should be aware. I was in love with this brand before my experience but have now asked them to take me off their mail order list and I am actively telling as many people as possible about the poor customer aftercare I received.

Last Christmas my husband bought me a pair of fab Sanita felt clogs from Plumo. Within one season my treasured clogs developed large holes in the felt at the crease points meaning that I couldn't wear them as they were this winter. I might expect this after a couple of years but not within the space of one season.

When I sent clear pictures through to Plumo, explaining the issue, they said that they couldn't help me, that the manufacturer hadn't seen this problem before and that I should get them 'patched' at a cobblers.

I replied that the whole of the felt needed replacing if they were to be able to be worn with skirts/dresses/3/4 length trousers and that I was surprised that they didn't see £125 boots disintegrating (not wearable) within one season as a quality issue.

They then replied that because I hadn't returned or contacted them within their returns period (i.e. before the issue could have physically occurred) they still couldn't help me.

At my request they sent me the manufacturer's contact details, who I then got in touch with and who provided me with excellent customer service and a happy outcome.

What a shame that a seemingly great business doesn't see that the customer experience of their product and service after the sale directly influences future sales. I wasn't after a free pair of boots, just some recognition that a) they believed me b) that this shouldn't have happened and c) they might offer a small gesture towards repair of the boots.

Anyway, thank you Sanita for your brilliant service and wonderful clogs and goodbye Plumo!

• 125