Dreadful customer service

Guest's review of Plumo - www.plumo.com

“Dreadful customer service ”

Written on: 03/05/2012

I placed an order with Plumo on 27th April.

The same day I received an e-mail stating that my order had processed and would be despatched the next working day.
I had a little panic as the details mailed through to me stated that my order was going to Aberdeenshire, and I live in Yorkshire.
A phone call through to Plumo and this was rectified. Apparently there is/was a glitch on the order system. Not a great start to my first experience with this company, but it was quickly rectified, so I was reassured. Or so I thought....

On the 3rd of May I received a phone call to state that there had been an inventory issue and the one of the items I wanted was out of stock. I decided to cancel the outstanding item, as it had been ordered as an extra, and requested a full refund for the order. (Payment had been taken at the point of order)

I was expecting some kind of correspondence to advise that my order had been cancelled and a refund processed, nothing. I decided to e-mail Plumo to check that the refund had been processed, but also to advise that I was disappointed in the misleading message regarding order despatch.
I received a very concise reply to state that my refund had been processed. There was no acknowledgement of my complaint, and certainly no apology. Neither was there any indication of when I would expect my refund, so I mailed again to query this.
Again, a very concise response stating refunds are usually within 2-3 days.

I can only assume that the customer service representative who mailed me was really busy dealing with other customer complaints and didn't have the time, let alone the common courtesy, to apologise for the situation.

As it stands Plumo have my money, have done for 6 days, and due to the bank holiday will have my money until the middle of next week. An utterly disappointing situation. further enhanced by a lack of any kind of customer service. I would never shop here again.

• Goods purchased & cost