Faulty Item, Dealt with well...

mattlincuk's review of Outdoor Mania - www.outdoormania.co.uk

“Faulty Item, Dealt with well...”

Written on: 10/04/2014 by mattlincuk (1 review written)

I ordered a new Lichfield Sandwood 4+2 tent. This tent arrived promptly, and was pitched in my back garden. Upon pitching, I realised it had 2 holes in the groundsheet - I rang up the 0844 number and the women asked me to take photos and email them across. I did this, and the women email back to say that I was to send the affected part of the tent back, and they would refund me up to £7 for the delivery of the item back to them. She said this would then be sent directly to lichfield for them to either fix or replace the affected part. I told her I couldn't wait as I was camping in the next few days, and after speaking to her manager, they finally agreed to send me a replacement tent, and they also arranged the collection of the existing faulty tent at no cost to me. Currently, I am promised the replacement tent will be with me tomorrow, and the faulty tent will be collected tomorrow. If this is the case, I will gladly upgrade my "Average" rating to a "Good" rating.

Looking at all the other reviews on here, people have to accept that the cost of the items are incredibly cheap, and therefore there may be problems along the way. The Sandwood 4+2 tent is £120 cheaper than many other outdoor shops.

• Goods purchased & cost