Avoid these jokers!.

Guest's review of Outdoor Mania - www.outdoormania.co.uk

“Avoid these jokers!.”

Written on: 26/03/2013

Avoid these jokers at all costs. Ordered some expensive walking boots on the Lets Hike website early in the morning. Boots were showing In Stock for Next day delivery, great I thought! How wrong I was. No dispatch notice and stock still Awaiting Allocation the next morning set the alarm bells ringing. Tried to phone Customer Service, or Dis-service as they should be known. 50 minutes on hold in a queue, listening to an irritating message and music. Designed I'm sure in the hope that customers will just hang up. When I finally got through they could not tell me if they were In Stock, and informed me they hadn't processed the order to the warehouse. This is where the fun really started.

I decided to cancel the order and shop elsewhere. I was told the order had been cancelled, I hadn't been charged, and I would receive an email to notify me within 10 minutes. This promised email never arrived, so I put it down to a glitch. On trying to order from another store my card was declined. That can't be right says I. Turns out Lets Hike hadn't cancelled the order in the morning, and they do charge your card before dispatch. Another 45 minutes in a queue to talk to customer dis-service to be told that none of it's their fault. Finally got the order cancelled, but money not yet back in my account.

The joke is, I ordered from Lets Hike. The order notification email comes from orders@letshike.co.uk . In the order email I'm told I need to contact enquiry@emania.co.uk with any questions. (They don't answer any emails, so don't waste your time trying.) When I phoned, it's Outdoor Mania I get through to. When I cancelled the order for a second time the email came from orders@skimania.co.uk .
This should be enough to put anyone off. Outdoors Mania's big joke to confuse customers.

The worst experience I have ever had In 15 years of online shopping. Save yourself the trouble, the premium call costs, the long waits in a phone queue, and shop at a reputable retailer. Not Del Boy and co.

• Goods purchased & cost