A Very Nice Anorak

MrSmiley1's review of Outdoor Mania - www.outdoormania.co.uk

“A Very Nice Anorak”

Written on: 08/04/2012 by MrSmiley1 (1 review written)

Being quite old I don’t order off the INTER-NET. Usually I go down to the shops and have a look around to try things on before I buy. I don’t think it is right to give your plastic card details to someone you don’t know before you buy something. You certainly don’t do that in the shops or in a restaurant. You try things on or eat the food before you pay for it (except in self service cafes but at least you can see the food first, sometimes). That’s why I don’t buy things using my computer on the INTER-NET.
But my wife was ill and I needed a new anorak and as I had to look after her, I couldn’t go to the shops to buy one. Even though I was worried, I took out my plastic card and decided to have a go at buying the anorak on my computer. I knew the one I wanted. It was a Regatta one – like my old one that I had ripped on barbed wire.
I looked at Regatta Clothes on my computer but they wanted nearly £30 for the anorak (I only paid £25 for mine in the shops but it was a few years ago now). I then entered the name of the Regatta anorak (a Regatta Packaway 2 Waterproof) into the Goggle box on my computer and Outdoormania came up. Their price was much better (in fact even after I had paid for it to be posted off to me, it was still cheaper than my old one).
It was quite easy to order it, I clicked my mouse three times in all on my computer screen and it took me to a screen that had a padlock on it (I spoke to my son first who said to make sure the screen where you pay has a padlock on it otherwise I wouldn’t get my anorak). I then had to put in where I wanted it posted it to (my house) and then I had to put in a lot of details off my plastic card. I didn’t really like doing that but I had to if I wanted the anorak and after I had I was worried that I wouldn’t get my anorak and the bank would want my £22. In fact I was glad that I had my wife to look after to take my mind off it for the rest of the day. Even later that evening I was so worried that it took me a while to go to sleep that night.
However, the next morning the postman delivered my anorak and to my delight it was even better than the one that I had torn on the fence. I am very happy and like Outdoormania. In fact I will probably buy something else using my computer though I still prefer to go to the shops.

• Anorak