NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE IT!!!!

cf123's review of Out Of The City - www.outofthecity.co.uk

“NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE IT!!!!”

Written on: 20/12/2012 by cf123 (1 review written)

I buy a lot of things via the internet and recently purchased a Barbour jacket for my husband via OUT OF THE CITY. NEVER AGAIN. The item stated it came with a free scarf which it didnt so I emailed them. NO REPLY. My husband then tried the jacket on to find a large hole in the seam of the jacket pocket!!!! I rang them the following day to be told that they would be sending it back fo Barbour for repair. I told them I DONT THINK SO I BOUGHT THE ITEM FROM THEM NOT BARBOUR AND THAT I WOULD WANT A REPLACEMENT SENT OUT. They told me I had to re order to guarantee the jacket in the size that I wanted!!! Again I told them I would not do that. I then had to ring them to chase it up to find out whether they had recieved the damaged goods back and ask for my replacement. They told me it had been sent. BUT GUESS WHAT I had to ring them again to find out where it was. It still has not arrived and will call them at my EXPENSE until I either get the jacket I paid for (bearing in mind they took the money straight away from my account) or get a full refund!
SERVICE IS SHOCKING - THE SAD THING IS I WAS GOING TO ORDER A NEW BARBOUR MYSELF FROM THIS COMPANY BUT I THINK I'LL GIVE IT A MISS AND WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE YOU DO THE SAME!!!!

• £150

• Still waiting

Ann.bowers's Response to cf123's Review

Written on: 04/01/2013

hi Cheryl, please accept my apologies for the disappointment and frustration you have encountered concerning your order. I understand that you have been in contact with our Director who has obviously apologised and I would also like to stress how sorry I am that we have let you down. Please be assured this matter is being looked into as customer service is paramount to us and we would never intentionally wish to cause any of our customers such frustrations. I understand you have now been refunded and can only apologise that we failed you on this occasion. I would like to thank you for your feedback, which is always welcome, favourable or otherwise in this case, as it is vital, to enable us to try and constantly improve our standards.