Customer Service by Kafka

PG23's review of Otticanet.com - www.otticanet.com

“Customer Service by Kafka”

Written on: 18/12/2012 by PG23 (1 review written)

I ordered a pair of sunglasses from otticanet.it and then received the dreaded $29.52 customs and FDA "fees" by FedExtortion. I contacted otticanet about this, and they said they would reimburse me if I sent them the invoice within 30 days. I sent a pdf, and was told by "Alessandra" that she could not open the file. I then sent the file by jpeg, tiff, gif, and a forward of the invoice from FedEx. Each time, I eventually received a reply that she could not open it or that I had to send the file to "big@otticanet.it." Each time I sent it to big@otticanet.it I received no reply. When I contacted Alessandra again (with cc to big@otticanet.it), she went back to me (this is a copy/paste directly from my email):
"Thanks for your email.
Please send the pdf file to big@otticanet.it"
If you ever read Kafka, then you will be familiar with this level of obfuscation.
Basically, they are stalling until they can say it is 30 days after the transaction, so it is too late to ask for a reimbursement.
In conclusion, yes, you will receive sunglasses from otticanet.it, but expect to pay $30 more for EACH pair of sunglasses you buy from otticanet.it. Contacting their customer service is only going to give you hypertension. So, if any domestic company has the same pair at less than $30 more, go with them. Otherwise, budget an extra $30.

• sunglasses at otticanet.it for $152 plus shipping plus an unexpected $30 customs fee by FedEx