FAKE glasses. NOT AUTHENTIC AT ALL

Guest's review of Otticanet.com - www.otticanet.com

“FAKE glasses. NOT AUTHENTIC AT ALL”

Written on: 01/09/2012

I know they say on their website that all of their eyewear is 100% authentic. This is a complete lie, as their glasses are 100% FAKE. Yes, they do come with authenticity card and stuff, but those are fake as well. The authenticity card is missing serial and model numbers, and therefore has no use. I filed a dispute with Paypal, and I will copy what I wrote to them, so I don't have to type it over again.

I ordered the sunglasses from this company after much hesitation. But the company's website looked legit and I gave it a try. I bought Mercedes Benz m 3006/s sunglasses, which I later discovered are called Motorsports Sunglasses on the official Mercedes Benz website. I ordered them in Matte Black frame with Grey Lenses from Otticanet.com. On August 14,2012 they contacted me via email saying that they don't have them in stock, and they need to contact the manufacturer who, as they said, was on vacation until August 20. Soon after that they emailed me again several times, saying that they are available, and then that they have been shipped.
I received the glasses. They are totally not as pictured. They are glossy black, instead of matte, and the lenses are brown instead of grey. And after I requested the return, they emailed me asking to reconsider and that they would give me a discount of $25.
Now, I've done my research online as well as going to Official Mercedes Benz Dealership in my town. At the Mercedes Benz dealership they confirmed that the REAL Mercedes sunglasses were made in only one color, it was the color that I ordered from Otticanet.com (but received a totally different color), and that they never made them with brown lenses. They confirmed that the sunglasses I bought from otticanet.com are fake. I also checked the Official Mercedes website, and on the picture, on the arm of sunglasses it says "Made in Italy". On the sunglasses I received there isn't written anything. Also the fake authenticity card that went with the sunglasses is missing serial and model numbers.
I am absolutely certain that the sunglasses I received from Otticanet.com are fake. This company is an illegal scam.

• Goods purchased & cost

Hoothoot's Comment

Written on: 10/10/2012

Interesting, i just received a pair today that i bought after to-ing and fro-ing with the website. I went into some retail stores to check the sunglasses i wanted, model make and style so on so when i was ready to purchase online i would know what i want.

The pair i received are nothing like the ones i tried in the shop, and as you mentioned they do seem fake and cheap, despite all the packaging and so on.

Think ill go into another retail store tomorrow to compare.

Europa777's Comment

Written on: 12/10/2012

I would much appreciate if you tell me what did they tell you the retail store. And if they confirmed whether the glasses are fake or not. I opened up the Paypal dispute, and after a month the closed it. I sent those glasses back to the seller on September 4, and they say they still haven't received them. Since I was sending them using USPS (because I can not afford to send UPS of Fedex to Italy) and didn't have tracking number Paypal considered my claim to be fraudulent. Sad, because I neither have glasses, nor $200...