Poor online experience

chris-review's review of Next www.next.co.uk

“Poor online experience”

Written on: 14/12/2013 by chris-review (1 review written)

Had a Next online account for many years, & just remembered why i stopped using it.
Their Jeans are the only ones that seem to fit & they never have my size in store. So i bit the bullet and ordered online for in store delivery. Every time i clicked order i received a message stating there is some problem and i should try later or phone through. I tried maybe 6 times over the corse of 6 hours and eventually phoned my order through.
The following day i received 7 emails from next stating my order had been processed and to collect from store in 3 days!! I phoned to try and stop the repeat orders being delivered and was told that there is nothing they can do to stop them & i should wait in-store & ensure all non wanted items are scanned back in to the system and refunded.
Took about 30 minutes for the young lady find all my items and then open each packet and scan back in, very embarrassing standing at the till with a huge queue of people behind me.
So now i need to settle the online account. I key in my Mastercard details and am presented with a message that they are unable to process my request, i wait a week and try again and am presented with the same message. Ironically, they claim they have authorised payment and then retracted it:
"We will have authorised the funds in your bank account, but we have sent an authorisation reversal. Some banks do not use this reversal, if they haven't, the authorisation will drop in approximately 5 days."

Queue another phone call to pay using the same card!!

Ordering & paying online should be simple, their system is geared to make you forget to pay so you pay interest on the purchase and no doubt they'll give you a negative credit rating to boot!

buy online elsewhere or buy in store!

• £193