Shocking service

Guest's review of Next www.next.co.uk

“Shocking service”

Written on: 16/10/2013

Ordered 2 bedside tables and matching chest of drawers in July 2013. In September recieved a letter stating that some of the items were not yet in stock and were expected to be ready for delivery in October. The suggested date arrived and I had to contact Next myself to see if they were in fact coming on that date. When a delivery date was arranged I recieved the 3 items. We build the self assembly bedside tables then opened the chest of drawers to find one of the parts was not as the diagram suggested. As the packaging states goods cannot be returned once assembled we rang to inform Next and ask for the spare part to be sent out. Two weeks later and 4 phone calls and no spare part, we were eventually told they could not get a spare part. I suggested they therefore send us out a whole new chest; Next said we would have to re-order and that it would take 13 weeks. Not satisfied with this considering we had already waited 3 months and half the matching set in use, we asked for all items to be collected and a full refund (they have had our £600 we paid in full for 3 months whilst we do not have our complete bedroom furniture!). We cannot risk that in 13 weeks time another issue will arise and we are left without a complete matching set of bedroom furniture. Poor poor service. If this website would let you choose no stars out of five that it was I would give. I now have the joy of sahopping around for furniture from another shop to match my bedroom decor and at the time when Christmas orders are being made. Wish me luck!

• Goods purchased & cost