trash, trash, trash

Guest's review of Next www.next.co.uk

“trash, trash, trash”

Written on: 11/07/2013

I used to love shopping at Next. The quality and style of the merchandice was excellent. Unfortunately, every year the quality of the service and the products is getting worse. I have made complaints via the telephone to staff who are very rude and certainly not customer orientated with their care less attitude. It is quite apparent that this shop is now more of a business to make a quick buck and is not even able to supply stock that is on pre order with a promised delivery date. All I was told was that the new stock that I had ordered had been sold out. What is going on?
Then yesterday, I went for the VIP slot for the sale, only top find that only the really awful stock had been entered. All the other stock was not yet in the sale. Does this company think that we cannot see through this facade. In order to retain its customers it needs to go back to its original standards.
I recently purchased two pairs of different curtains which cost the same. One pair were lined and the others were not. Unfortunately the unlined curtains were the Angry bird range which my seven year old would not have been happy for me send back. If I logged a complaint by telephone, it would have been a waste of time. They would not have been able to replace them lined and would not have refunded me any money. This level of disparity between stock is a clear example of poor quality from the suppliers and should have been sent back.

• Angry birds curtains. Other items such as tee shirts on order were sold out before coming into stock even though advertised in catalogue as available